My First Disc Golf Ace!??
A few months ago I hit a 150-200′ ace in a tournament.. but I don’t think it counts because it was an Ace Race tournament.
This evening I hit a 200′ ace from an actual tee-pad to a permanent basket.. but I don’t think it counts because I was in solo-practice mode.
So what qualifies as a legit-respected-actual Ace? I think these are no-brainers:
It’s an Ace if..
- Thrown during final round of World Championship Tournament
- Thrown during any round of World Championship Tournament
- Thrown and a World Champion sees it and says it’s an ace
- Thrown during any organized disc golf event (tournament, bag tag challenge, doubles) with witnesses.. and majority agree it’s an ace (except an Ace Race)
- Thrown during a disorganized disc golf event.. but dginnelly, dfeldberg or jburns say it’s an ace (even an Ace Race)
- Thrown immediately after declaring “Im gonna hit this” and then hit it at 200’+ (but you only get one “im gonna hit this” per 24 hour period).
Here’s why my aces were not aces..
- First non-ace was during an Ace Race
- it was a short course
- it wasn’t necessarily unique.. aces are the whole point of the Ace Race.
- Second ace (today’s race)
- Although I hit the non-ace on the first attempt, I was in rec/practice mode.. throwing a few drives/putts on every hole
- No one was there to see it.. not even a spectator