My fellow Disc Golfers, ask not what your tournament can do for you, ask what you can do for your tournament.
We are only a week away from the largest event on the 2015 PDGA National Tour, the Memorial Championship. The local disc golf community has been hard at working preparing the three courses (Fountain Hills, Vista Del Camino, and Fiesta Lakes) for this amazing event. Now it’s time to double-down on our volunteer drive..
To ensure a world-class tournament experience we need to recruit an army of volunteers. Volunteers will earn $5/hour towards tournament merchandise.. and to sweeten the pot we have a little raffle prize. The Fountain Hills Disc Golf Club has donated a brand-spanking-new Mach Lite portable disc golf basket. All volunteers (regardless of course location) are eligible to earn raffle tickets.
Volunteer Raffle.. Memorial Championship 2015
Here’s how it works:
- 4 hours in one day = 1 raffle ticket
- 6 hours in one day = 2 raffle tickets
Volunteers must check-in with tournament central to log hours. Raffle drawing will occur in Fountain Hills after the final round on Saturday.
How can you help?
- If you are competing in the Memorial.. shame your buddies into volunteering. Tell’em you could shave a few strokes off your score knowing they are on duty.
- If you have to work.. use personal time or call out sick.. tell the boss you have a severe case of disctopic-golfungus-syndrome (sounds legit, right?).
- If you have family obligations, keep them. Family comes first (disc golf is a close second, but still second).
- If you have school.. go to school. A good education is important.
We need the most help on Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday at all courses (Fountain Hills, Fiesta Lake, Vista Del Camino). The final round is on Saturday in Fountain Hills. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your available days, time, location or reach out on Facebook.