Quick reference guide for the participants and observers of the 2015 Memorial Championship.. food & beverage recommendations, course layout maps, and directions.
2015 Memorial Championship Course Layout Maps
Note.. the Fountain Hills and Vista Del Camino maps are from 2014.. they should be pretty close to the 2015 layout. Fiesta Lakes is fresh like Will Smith.
2015 Memorial Championship Parking/Direction Maps
2015 Memorial Championship Food/Drinks
These are purely recommendations from a slightly overweight disc golfer that likes food, fun, and beer.
- DJs Bagels wicked bagels, breakfast sandwiches/wraps & coffee. If short on time go here.
- Fountain Hills Express & Deli breakfast sandwiches/wraps, gyros, Chicago dogs, and sandwiches. Plus they have everything you may need for the day: water, caffeine, smokes, snacks, beers, etc.
- Phil’s Filling Station let’s start with Phil. He’s freaking awesome and has created a cool restaurant/sports bar that opens early and offers a huge selection of food & drinks. I jam on the french toast in the morning and make a special request for a ‘Phil McDuke Burger’ at lunch. Beer on tap, great staff, incredible food.
- Senor Taco two convenient locations in FH.. one on way from the 87, and the other just a mile or two from the course. Breakfast burritos (I like the bacon-egg-cheese-potato w/green hot sauce), rolled tacos, and more. Quick option on the way in or out of town.
- All American Sports Grill across the street from the course, they offer a classic sports grill menu: burgers/sandwiches, ribs/wings, beers, etc. They also have big fresh salads and entrees. Although I prefer Phils for pre-game fuel, I like the sports grill for post-round wind-down. The patio section (non-smoking & smoking) overlooks the course.
- Redendo’s Pizza I like all pizza.. but Redendo’s is my preferred choice for a lunch slice. They do that move where they slide the slice into the oven after you order to get it nice and crispy. Super reasonable prices.. combos options for a few slices and a drink for great price.
- Euro Pizza the closest option to the course.. just a few hundred feet from 18 basket. Excellent pizza, pasta, salads.. and beer! Great place if you want to stay close to the end-of-round events.
Vista Del Camino
- Duke’s Sports Bar & Grill there’s only one option here.. and it’s not cause there are no other restaurants around. Duke’s is the mother-ship for disc golfers.. great food, awesome bar, smoking patio, pool/video games, etc. Oh.. and it’s between Spinners and the course.
- Old Chicago Pizza Place I don’t spend a ton of time around the course.. but I have visited Old Chicago several times. Great food & bar and very close to the course.